Saturday, 25 September 2010

Permanent Visa


In order to live for an extended period in a country foreign to you, it is normally required to obtain permission from the government. Most countries will allow you to visit for up to 6 months but require approval (visa) to stay longer. The United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) requires you to have a temporary visa to enter the country if you intend to stay. After a period of 5 years, you can apply for a permanent visa which entitles you to all the rights of citizenship except voting. We applied after 5 years and were refused on a technicality. So now we have been back in country 5 continuous years we can reapply. We sent our application in on Tuesday and on Thursday, they hit our credit card for the $2,100 fee. That sounds good but they charge the fee whether you are approved or not. We should receive word in a week or two.
Many have asked what happens if we are refused. That depends on the govt. They can ask you to be in country for another set of qualifying years or they can just request you leave. We are just trusting God that His will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment