Friday, 9 July 2010

It All Started With A Twinkie

Hello,

Still trying to adjust to England time. Jet lag is a curse of the devil.

A few years ago, a lifeguard at the gym approached me asking what a Twinkie was. He had watched an American movie and heard them speak of Twinkies. I tried to describe them but ended up asking Andrea to bring some back from the States on her next trip. Steve really liked the Twinkies and also asked about Hershey bars. We would talk on occasion and he would ask advice on rearing children and getting his life straightened out. We have invited him to church a number of times but he has yet to come. I was at the gym this evening and Steve came up and told me he was considering becoming a Christian. I asked a few questions and it was obvious he thought you just needed to become a better person. We talked a bit more ( he was working and I do not feel it is right to steal time from an employer) and I told him I would leave some information for him to read and I would set a time to answer his questions. He seemed stunned that he could not be good enough to get to heaven and asked to me to not forget the info.
Please pray for Steve and never doubt the power of a Twinkie.

3 comments:

  1. We always knew that Twinkies were powerful! Have you ever had Tastykakes? Let it not be asked, "Can any good thing come from Philadelphia?" :) So glad to hear that an American "icon" is opening doors for the Gospel! It was great to meet you both a few weeks ago. Please send our greetings to your wife and family and let them know that we enjoy reading about what the Lord is doing there in England!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, forgot to mention that we met you after services at Lehigh Valley Baptist Church recently. I'm sure you don't remember our names or faces...just to clarify!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I most certainly remember you folks. I really enjoyed our conversation that morning.

    ReplyDelete